Saturday, February 23, 2008

Mystery and Finished photos

Well, I finished the bookmark last night. Then I did start the whitework freebie by Teresa Wentzler. I really hate Algerian eyelets. I always have and I think I always will. This morning as I was waking up I figured out a solution to something nagging me about the bookmark and quickly fixed it. It's all ready to be mailed once I get the guy's address in Iraq.

The Statue of Liberty and lettering I got from a book called 2001 Cross Stitch Designs, published by Better Homes and Gardens in 2004. I've had it about two years now. The pattern called for french knots for the Lady's eyes, but there was no way I was adding them, so I altered some of the backstitch a bit. I also used some different colors than asked for: a different backstitch thread and the colors for the lamps. I couldn't put my hands on the others and wasn't about to go out and buy new skeins for about 150 stitches worth altogether.





Also, just for giggles, here's a WIP photo of the Papillon Creations monthly freebie. It's going to be long, which I didn't notice when I printed it off. I was about to start it on a smaller piece of fabric when I realized it and scrambled about trying to find a big enough piece. I hope this one works, because I have a sneaking suspicion I miscounted when I was figuring out how much room I needed to leave for finishing. The last installment should be made available in December, so it's going to be a while before it's all done.

I'm using 25 count cream fabric from somewhere? with DMC Variegated and Variations threads: Yellow 190, Red 115, Blue 4030, Purple 52, Pale Green 94, Dark Green 92. It wants beads too, so the last time I was at Michael's I grabbed some of the seed beads on sale. I'll add what looks nice where at the end.

I imagine I'm going to make a hanging out of it. I'll find some nice Summery fabric for the backing at Wal-Mart and make use of my nifty sewing machine which I haven't been able to use at all yet. Grandma will be gone for a week soon, though, so I'll get a chance to use it then.

No comments: