Friday, February 22, 2008

Current projects

My current projects:

Large:
1. Chameleon
2. Mermaid
3. Baby Afghan
4. Specialty Stitch Freebie (How Does Your Garden Grow?) from Papillon Creations

Medium:
1. Dolly Mamas Drama Queen (white and backstitch is all that's left)

Small:
1. Statue of Liberty bookmark (need to stitch "We Hold These Truths" tonight)
2. random Blackwork biscornus to use up the rest of the pieces I'd cut for the Christmas biscornus

The large projects are my "at-homes". The medium and small projects are my travel projects. Drama Queen is taking me a heck of a lot longer than I thought it would. I really hate stitching white on white fabric. But if I actually get those stitches done, I only have the backstitch left. Then I can cycle in the Dolly Mama I want to make for Mom.

I might cycle in a TW freebie after I finish the bookmark. I'm going to have to do it a few times before I attempt this one. I still can't get over my fears to progress to actually cutting my fabric! I think the Papillon sampler will help, though. I'm enjoying the specialty stitches. Hmm. Maybe I'll do a few biscornu using the Papillon and TW specialty stitches.

Ooh, shiny. Looking for links for the Dolly Mamas I found another one I want for myself (after I finish Domestically Challenged, I guess).

Now I just have to get off the computer and start stitching the lettering so I can mail the bookmark with the book tomorrow. Oh, the bookmark is going to a soldier in Iraq I'm mailing a book to via Paperback Swap.

No comments: