Thursday, February 7, 2008

First Finishes of 2008!

Okay, I have been working on Dolly Mamas' Drama Queen for my niece, Chameleon for my nephew and a restart of Joan Elliott's Mermaid for the daughter of the lady who gives Grandma her showers. Theoretically, I'm going to be paid for the Mermaid.

In between those three projects, so I don't feel too homicidal toward them I did these:

Imbolc Ornie for my little Norfolk Pine. I know it's upside down, but I started stitching it together wrong, so I just went with it. Thankfully, the Gods don't mind a little screw-up now and then. I'm adapting quilting templates from one of my grandmother's extremely old catalogs for cross-stitch motifs. This one is rather fitting for the season, I think, called Tulip Basket. The nickel is there to give it scale. There's no stuffing. It's too small.


Peacock Bookmark, adapted from a freebie by Papillon Creations. Yesterday afternoon, I just needed something quick, easy and completely different from everything I've been working on lately, so I grabbed my binder of printed freebies and found "The Peacock" by Papillon Creations. The peacock was small enough to stitch on one of the bookmarks I have laying about, so I figured "What the heck?" I adapted the border to fit the way I wanted and tried to create an alphabet in the style of the lettering on the pattern to turn it into an alphabet sampler. I like the way it turned out. I'm even keeping it for myself. It took me about a day to do since I finished it a few hours ago. Oh, and joy, I finally finished off a bobbin. One more down, about 75 to go before I'm officially bobbin-free. The colors of the picture are lighter than reality. The flash wiped them out a bit.

If you click the pistures, it takes you to a larger picture that shows them all of much better.

No comments: